Monday 3 August 2015

I asked Him to marry me!



Oh Tania, what a disappointment, don't tell me it was you who asked Joaquim's hand in marriage!!! I always thought that it was him who asked you, lol
Calm down girls! haha... I'm not talking about my marriage to Joaquim, I refer to my marriage to God.

I know that God always wanted to marry me, but for many years I lived away from Him, and even after I came to church, it took me a while to give myself to God.Now I wonder why it took me so long to make my decision, it was only up to me, but it was a process.

First, the spiritual cleansing, that inner struggle. You want, but at the same time there are so many things to leave behind, so many decisions to make... you don't process all of it overnight, you need to be firm and determined, if you are weak, you will never make it.
Then, it is to learn and practice the word of God, understand what He has for you. Many find that what they have to leave is more than what God has to give, and they will suffer a loss. What a mistake!
After that, it is to approach Him every day and develop a fellowship with Him.

Now I was ready to make a commitment, and ask God to marry me, I was willing to give all of my life, without fear or reservation, for life and eternity.
And I can tell you it was the best decision I ever made in my entire life.

And you my friend, what are you waiting to take this step?  What is keeping you from being truly happy?
Your past, your "Self", your friendships, your unbelieving boyfriend, your way of being, your traumas and bad feelings, your inferiority complexes, your fears and insecurities? What impedes you to go to the altar and be the happiest bride in the world?

Know that nothing is worth more than this great day, nothing that you have to leave or deny is more important or relevant than your marriage to God.
The groom is ready and waiting for you. How long will you leave Him standing on the Altar?

"And the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." John 6:37

1 comments:

ms guni, England uk said...

I have deci to divorce the world the whole you tube and filthy films. These would take up most of my day. The internet silly browsing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...