Thursday 26 May 2011

Priorities

“But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:42

Only one things is necessary, to look to God and seek Him, to hear His word.

When it says that Mary has chosen that good part. It means that she obeyed in doing that good part, and this no one can take away, because its inside of you, it isn’t something that is held on the exterior. I took this word and applied it to myself, as a woman, wife, friend, companion, servant, etc..

These are some examples:

When I wake up in the morning what do I choose? To seek Gods presence, read my bible or drink coffee and begin my daily chores?

I read the bible and know lots about it, but in the moment of practicing do I choose to do what I want to do, or what God wants me to do?

Do I decide to seek the Holy Spirit with all of my strength, and soul or do I decide to watch others and criticize them?

We should always seek to do those things, which are spiritual, because the material and physical things, the things of the flesh, will stay behind, they will not accompany us on the final judgment day.

Yes, we must cook, clean, wash, iron, take care of our husband, help the people, pray for them, all these things and many more but before that, we must in our day to day, prioritize our intimacy with God, our relationship with Him.

That way we will have strength, wisdom, inspiration, love and faith to all of the above and more.

Mary Baltazar

3 comments:

carole said...

I totally agree with you, Mrs. Mary. And it is an eye opener, and is something I have to work on not just for one day but all the days for I know without my Lord I cannot do anything.
Thank you for sharing.xxx

Asheto said...

This is the reality; many times we get so caught up in our own lives, struggles and fights that we often loose ourselves in that battle and sometimes without even realizing we put God in second place.But when we put God in His rightful place, He gives us strength to conquer the rest.

Lluvial Godfrey said...

I really think that Jesus appreciated when Mary put everything down just to hear what He had to say and its the same today. And anyway, we need Him more than anything else in our lives.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...