The journey of faith is made of good moments alone, on the contrary, it is a constant battle, not only against evil, but our own will and desires as well.
Of course, just as in every battle, the stronger triumphs.
Many that started off strong in the faith, because they didn’t know how to keep it, today are bitter and in distress. They threw it all away, their principles, their beliefs, their salvation, ultimately, they abandoned what with much sacrifice they had conquered, the presence of God.
And you may ask me, then how can I keep my faith?
By not exposing it to things that might destroy it, just like we keep our valuables, we do not leave them exposed and of easy access to thieves.
To keep means: to care for, to protect, to hide, to watch, to observe.
So I leave here 10 steps to keep your faith:
- Take care of your thoughts, don’t feed negative and bad thoughts
- Keep your eyes, don’t give room to evil by nursing bad eyes, don’t forget if your eyes are good, all of your body will be light, if they are bad all of your body will be in darkness
- Flee from evil, resist the devil and all of his suggestions that he may bring, say no to sin
- Have communion with God, that is where your strength will come to continue in the faith
- Do not give room to emotions, many people abandon their faith because of useless sentimentality
- Do not get involved with people who attack your faith, influence you in a negative way, put doubts within you and guide you to errors
- Overcome yourself, your will and your fleshly desires that displease God and weaken your faith
- Be strong before your problems, if you show yourself weak your strength will be small and your faith shaken
- Avoid useless conversations that are only good to contaminate your faith
- Live in obedience to the word of God, for it is the base of our faith.
Care for it with all of your strength, it is the most precious thing you possess, without faith it is impossible to please God, conquer His favors and even salvation.
Understand now why the devil does all he possibly can so that you can stain or lose your faith?
The overcomers will be those who keep their faith until the end, those will surely overcome the battle.
“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith.” (2 Timothy 4:7)