Thursday 8 November 2012

Assistants in Focus Series 2 - Do, Do, Do



A major concern of those who serve God, should not be doing a lot, even if we have to, of course, but without ever neglecting the most important, our communion with God.
What good is it do many things in the church, to receive praise from the pastor, but not have time for God, not taking a moment to pray, read the Bible, seek the Holy Spirit, being in church does not mean being with God.
For this reason many servants are weak, weak in faith, they have worked hard and have not separated time to take care of their spiritual life.
The long and short of it, you do, do, do and never feel satisfied, because your inside is empty of God.

Many want to do extraordinary things thinking they can get the attention of God, but are not sincere in their attitude or intentions, neither inside, which is full of malice, grief and deception.
They do it to appear, but within them there is no pureness, simplicity and surrender.
God does not want us to do extraordinary things; He wants what we do to be true and sincere, with pureness of heart.
Only then He can pour his Spirit, because He knows when you give your best, which is all your life, there is nothing more extraordinary that you can offer Him.

Task: You who acknowledge you have been this way, from now on you will have your time with God every day, even though in order to do this you have to get up a little earlier to pray and read the Bible. You do not need to read a lot, but meditate on the verses you read.
After, tell us about your experience.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has been my problem.

Tatiane Gomes said...

Dear Mrs Tania,
This is strong, Surely the communion with God is very important, every day we have to always take time to meditate on the things of God and analyze our spiritual life.

Thank you.

amanda said...

Dear Mrs Tania

Thank you for sharing this message , I think this idea will help me a lot to grow more spiritually

Thank you

ponalo said...

Thank you Mrs Tania
This is a wake up call to me

cphosethu said...

Thank you Mrs Tania

Praise God that this came earlier to me and I gave ear to God. Our busy, daily schedules and even activities that we do in the church will never make us have a good partnership with God.
I agree with you when you say that its our true surrender and pureness in heart that matters before Him.

naomi boketsu said...

Many times it is easy to get caught up in doing a lot of things and you realised you haven't spent enough time in communion. With our spiritual life we always have to make sure that we know were are intentions lie, this has been revealed to me over the past few days. There is no point in doing 'all' if it is for others to acknowledge, if you are not doing your all in your spiritual life. thank you for this message God bless.

Anonymous said...

This is very true. If i am not putting my communion with God first, I may last for a while doing the work of God, even appearing strong to others, but it will not last. My strength to remain & endure until the end comes from my communion with God, it has taken me a long time to learn this, and thank God i finally have.

Sindiswa Qwalana said...

Dear Mrs Tania

This is inspiring me and i believe it'll help me more not to focus on my responsibilities at church so much but to focus more on my spiritual life, this blog is a life saving blog i must say, without the protection of my salvation i am nothing.

Briony Bangura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Briony Bangura said...

This is one of my fears. I am an active person but I never want to lose sight of the most important thing which is my communion with God. Waking up early and separating time can be hard, especially in busy periods, however I understand that it is extremely vital for my salvation and my serving towards God.

Thanks Mrs Tania. God Bless you!


Mercy said...

There was a time that neglected my spiritual life not intentionally but do do do so I get tired when I get home so I seek for help and since then even though I do I have balance because I don't want to loose my own soul by do do do and because i seek for help today I am happy that I did. I want to sever God to the end of my Life and to show example to others

God bless

Lerato Maidi said...

Good day. Thank you for today's task. I wake up early everyday for work, but I always attend the first service of the day before going to work. So in doing this, I actually neglected my 'alone time' with God because I did not read the Bible when I woke up. I told myself that I am going to church anyway, so from tomorrow I will wake up earlier to meditate on the Word of God, even though I am attending the service.
Thank you.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...