Tuesday 6 September 2011

The broken box!


Yesterday while I was cleaning my room by mistake I let my porcelain jewelry box fall to the ground, which had the initial of my name, it broke instantly.
Right when it fell I thought “ oh no!!” I was sad because it had been a gift my husband had given me when I turned 18 years old, at the time we were still dating. I’ve taken care of it all this time and in just a second it was broken into little pieces.
It’s the only “old” thing I carry wherever I move to because it’s small and I can wrap it in my clothes inside of my luggage.
And so I began to think about salvation, which is much like this, you conquer it and take care of it for years, you sacrifice in maintaining it, because it’s the most precious thing you have, but if one day by mistake you push it to the side and give way to sin or to your fleshly desires, it immediately breaks and you loose it. And everything you conquered with so much difficulty, you loose it in just a second, and many times for something so silly, a desire of the flesh.
Let’s be more aware and guard our salvation as our main treasure.
“So what makes us think we can escape if we ignore this great salvation that was first announced by the Lord Jesus himself and then delivered to us by those who heard him speak?” Hebrew 2:3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

salvation! salvation! the most important achievement in life.

England

Sandra Gouvêa said...

Hello Mrs Tânia Rubim. My name is Sandra Gouvêa, from the UK. I was surprised to see Poshi featured on your blog. She's the bookshop lady in Leicester - our beautiful church! I'd love to know you better. I translate the UCKG books into English and I will probably translate Escolhida para o Altar as well. It would be great to be able to speak to you directly should I have any queries. My email address is publications@uckg.org.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

A big kiss to you.

Sandra

nomalizo shasha said...

SHASHA NOMALIZO 13\03\2012

Thank you Mrs Marcia for sharing us this powerful message, it is true if we can do the same in our salvation protecting it ,where ever we go as Mrs Tania Rubin used to do in her porcelain jewellery box. In other words lets take care of our salvation

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...