Sunday 28 May 2017

The art of Silence



Silence is a vivifying moment of grace, in which the creature is silent, but the spirit speaks.
To be silent about yourself IS HUMILITY.
To be silent over the faults of others IS CHARITY.
To be silent when we're suffering IS HEROISM.
To be silent before someone else’s suffering is COWARDY.
To be silent before injustice IS WEAKNESS.
To be silent when someone is talking IS DELICACY.
To be silent when someone expects a word, IS OMISSION.
To be silent and not speak useless words IS PENANCE.
To be silent when there's no need to talk, IS PRUDENCE.
To be silent when God speaks to our heart is SILENCE.
To be silent before the mystery that we don’t understand IS WISDOM.

We need to know the hours we have to keep silent, and the moments we need to talk. Talking is silver and being silent is Gold...

Unknown author

“Therefore, my beloved brothers, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger.” James 1:19

1 comments:

ms guni, England uk said...

This year I put my words to the side. I have used my mouth to hurt family and friends, not anymore.
I watch what comes out of the mouth, I keep quite and it has helped.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...