Friday 29 January 2016

Series Strong Woman 8 - Overcome the past



Here is the reason for the weakness of many women: their past. They carry the past with them and cannot let go of it. They said that they hate their past, they don’t have good memories, but at the same time they refuse to abandon it. It follows them, is stuck in their thoughts just like a leech and sucks all their energy and future projects. Many have been slaves unknowingly; slaves of themselves and of their past. I know it's not pleasant to talk about the past when it brings bad memories, but to be able to project for the future we need to tear off the bad roots that we carry from the past.
Maybe you're stuck with a bad feeling because of something you have suffered. Perhaps they’re fears, complexes, unforgiveness, or even the desire to die. It seems like life has no longer color for you. Maybe you had a bad experience and now you became closed, you don’t trust anyone, you don’t have friends, became bitter, unpleasant, and rough. Is it worth to let the past be part of your life? It seems like there are more losses than gains, doesn’t it? Jesus said:
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11.28-30           
Get rid of that burden my friend, let your past in the place where it belongs: in the past. I need you to answer the following questions in the comments below:
What have you not solved in your past that you carry it to this day and makes you a slave of those feelings?
This has done good or bad to you?
What will you do about it?
It's time to put a stop! Those memories, feelings and everything negative that the past brings you has to be stopped now, otherwise you will remain weak! Do not allow your past to control your present and your future. When thinking about your past experiences, try to recognize them as a source of learning, not as vulnerability. Difficult and stressful situations can teach you to be stronger in the future.
Remember that all the difficulties you faced were learning experiences. You’ve already needed strength and courage to overcome difficult moments; odds are not exactly news in anyone's life. To become a strong woman you need to overcome your past and decide to look ahead.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Past is a lesson. My Future as no link with my past.

Thanks Mrs for the lesson.

Kisses

ms guni, England uk said...

My past is gone away it's a new day today.
This was my biggest Huddle I faced.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Good morning Mrs Tania,
It is very true to become a strong woman you need to overcome your past. for example can you walk looking backwards? No, because you will walk onto something and hurt yourself. So is the past if you always looking back to your past you will not move forward because even the decisions you will make will be based on your past. Let us learn from our past but move away from it.

Unknown said...

Hello and thank you for sharing.and sometimes our past is not even about abuse or material aspects so to say but perceptions of ourselves because of a weakness that was pinted out at one moment in our lives.it is like a scale and we tend to relate it with everthing that happens now even though it is in the past.now this will not have a hold on me anymore.kisses

Unknown said...

Thank you Mrs Tania
Very strong

Unknown said...

Thank you Mrs Tania
Very strong

cphosethu said...

Thank you Mrs Tania for the post

I will also put my past behind and take the lessons as experiences that will help me to be a better woman of God instead of looking back and being stuck there.

Tshegofatso Malwale said...

Believing in myself and being happy has been difficult for me.
The reason I decided to follow this series is because I want to let go of the past and be sure about it. I believe that at the end of this series I will be a different person. For this reason nobody who puts their trust on the altar stands a chance of being disappointed.

A wise man once said, "We have two ways of looking at the past. Recall the moments that still linger and become a slave to these hard and painful memories.

The other option is to learn from the past and bring those truths into the present,turning them into learning experiences-making use of the faith of the Bible to understand that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character and character hope. (Romans 5:3-4)

This is what I hope to become everyday of my life until I die.


Tshegofatso Malwale said...

A tough challenge for me has been to believe in myself. The reason I decided to follow this series is because I want to let go of my past and be sure about that. I believe that at the end of this series I will be a different person. For this reason nobody who places their trust on the altar will be dissapointed.

A wise man once said,"We have two ways of looking at the past. Recall the moments we've lived through, feel the pain from the wounds that still linger, and become a slave to these painful memories.

The other option is to learn from the past and bring those truths into the present, turning them into learning experiences-making use of faith in the Bible to understand that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance ,character and character, hoper. (Romas 5:3-4)

This is what I hope to become.

Tshegofatso Malwale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...