Wednesday 11 February 2015

What is to live in the Spirit and walk in the Spirit?



The name Daniel means "God is my judge." After being tried and convicted by men, Daniel was thrown into a lion’s den.
But the righteous judge freed him from death, that is, no matter what has been decided for our lives, God will always have the last word. We see the importance of being filled with the Spirit and live in the spirit, for even though evil wants to attack us, or use situations to hurt us, God will be our judge and will deliver us from all that, just as he did Daniel.

I was meditating on how Daniel’s life must have been like for him to achieve such intimacy with God. The word that came to me as an answer was this: he lived and walked in the Spirit.

"If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit" (Gal 5:25)

To live is to have life, to exist, so to live in spirit is to be in the center of God's will, in communion and dependence on God, it is the existence of God within us.

Walking means to keep going, moving, so to walk in the Spirit, is to live in the practice of holiness, to kill our flesh every day, to be holy in our attitudes, behavior, thoughts, the way we look at things and our judgments. You walk in the opposite direction of this world.

In short, if we live in the Spirit, that is in communion with God, that has to reflect in practice, in our daily activities, our way of life.
Say, to live is who we are inside and to walk is the practice of daily obedience.

This is to live and to walk in the Spirit, and Daniel is a great example of this.

And you, have you been living and walking in the Spirit?


1 comments:

BlueStocking said...

Hi Mrs Tania thanks again for this post.

You know I was even thinking about this for some time. I am currently doing a purpose where I'm really going against my flesh as I want the last week of the 21 days to be even more of a push, and I was thinking right now I am killing my flesh but am I allowing the Holy Spirit to live?

In a sense I should not just kill and starve my flesh but I must also feed my spirit and in doing this I naturally walk and live in the spirit. So to be in Spirit is not something you switch on but it's natural and should be daily

Xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...