Monday 7 June 2010

Control your tongue - Last Part


The indiscreet tongue - The person whom is discreet shows prudence and self control when he or she speaks. Indiscretion can be costly, there are subjects that should not be mentioned in front of everyone. We should not expose or reveal matters of others that do not concern us. Just because we know personal things of others, does not mean we have the right to speak about them.

“Wise choices will watch over you. Understanding will keep you safe.” Proverbs 2:11 (NLT)
The critiquing tongue- there are people who dedicate themselves to finding faults in others, only to then criticize them. The person who criticizes has a sole purpose of observing the behaviors of others with maximum detail, the tiniest fault is used to criticize that person and with this he or she feel satisfaction. Some times we judge based on rumors that we hear, that are not always true.
We have a tendency to criticize others when their behavior or actions are not correct or in accordance with out point of view.
“Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.” Matthew 7:1-2 (NLT)

The Complaining tongue - Have you ever been around someone who murmurs all the time? Its very unpleasant, nothing for her is good, in everything she finds a defect, it seems as if she is mad at the world.

Be careful because complaining is contagious, if we are around some one like this, the tendency is to do the same.

If we have a serious complaint, we should present it to God, and not go around murmuring about it.

“I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles.”
Psalms 142:2 (NLT)

3 comments:

Malena Lopez said...

This Senora Tania is something I work on everyday because growing up I was raised to be quick with my words/mouth. I have been able to control my tongue only when I found The Lord.I think before I speak, Although I do always struggle with when the right time and right way to handle a situation or maybe the way a person is not acting correctly. I am constantly praying for God to give me the right words to say and to always act in a way that gratifies The Lord.

Anonymous said...

thank you this has helped me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mrs. Tania I will make sure that I will control my tongue around people, I will not let this contagion me.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...