Wednesday 18 February 2015

Behold, I am coming quickly



" Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown." Revelation 3:11

As I read this verse yesterday, I remembered when I first started in the church. The pastor made a purpose where each person received a slip with a Bible verse in it, and this was the verse that came on mine, which I still keep to this day. It has been 23 years since I arrived in church, but I have never forgotten this verse.

We know that Jesus can return at any time, but imagine if every day we wake up with the thought "Jesus is coming back today," I think we would watch out a lot more in our life with Him. We would think about every attitude and behavior, being very careful not to allow any situation, word, or injustice to stain our hearts. We would watch how we talk to people so that they did not become sorrowful by a word said in a wrong way, and we would have the fear not to take any evil or malicious attitude. And how many times we see this happening, isn’t it?

We might be thinking, I will apologize later, I will solve this tomorrow, but what if you do not have more time? Here lies the danger; you see how we never think that Jesus is coming back today?

We would definitely be living in the Spirit, as God wants His saints to live; keeping a pure heart, having good eyes, departing from what separates us from God and living a new life every day.
We cannot forget each morning that it may be our last day, that Jesus can come at any time.

Let us keep what we have, our salvation, and we will not allow anyone or anything to take our crown.


2 comments:

BlueStocking said...

Thank you Mrs Tania, most importantly we should have our crown and always keep it, but something we must also do it not allow for our crowns to be empty without gems and stones. As much as we know Jesus is coming back once we are saved we must also save others!

amanda said...

Thank you Big Sister , we need to fix ourselves before God at all times . We don't know the hour . It happened to me I am now in the church for 10 years and as an assistant for 7 years , for the first 2 years in my ministry I was pretending as if I changed , i know God while I didn't and I was doing things that contradict the word of God . Till one day i had to take a decision to fix myself before God that is when I started to have ever lasting peace within me .

Thank you for sharing

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...